January 26, 2010

Order, please!

Experts have observed that dogs tend to look like their owners. Do dogs also tend to act like their owners, too? I've noticed that Ginny has exhibited some OCD-like behaviors:

No, it's not the constant chewing on her toys. Instead, she hoards her toys on the towel. You can spread the toys around the kitchen and play with them with her, but when she decides to spend some "alone time" with a toy, she drags it to the towel. In fact, if she is even pondering whether the toy is worthy of "alone time" she will drag it to the towel before deciding. I'm sure someone in cyber-space will likely attribute this to some sort of natural instinct. However, I'd prefer to think my dog is instead more like me and that she likes to have a bit of order in her world.

No comments: